With Spring football well in the rear-view mirror and summer football camp still a ways in the future we have entered a bit of a dead zone. I know you're all still working out, running drills and other things but you've got a lot more time on your hands than you're used to. Have fun! Do things you normally don't have time for but for the love of God, whatever you do don't pull a Vince Young. Now I'm not here to lecture you on the evils of "scrip clubs" because I've been known to partake in the past(been a while, but I've been). All I ask is that you don't get in to trouble. Don't go VY and beat some guy up for throwing up and upside down "hook-em horns" sign, that's just dumb. Don't go Doug Worthington on us either and get pulled over for a DUI a few weeks before the season opener and get suspended for the first game. Also, Don't accept money from boosters, not $20, not $200. None. I don't want Justin Zwick 2.0 starting any games for us. Don't get drunk and try to do a burn-out during scUM week. The easiest way to to learn isn't by experience in this case, it's by example.
I know it's summer, it's time for vacation and fun. Heck, even us bloggers take vacations from our hard work.(I'll be on one of those next week in fact) Just be smart, because we care way too much when something bad happens. There's a lot on the line this year, remember to be smart and DBTH.
-SBB