Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sitting Down With 2014 4-Star Offensive Tackle Demetrius Knox

Knox has the Buckeyes on his mind
One of the elite offensive lineman in the country for 2014 is Demetrius Knox (Ft. Worth/Texas). Knox is a 4-star (1 point away from a 5-star) in the class of '14. He is currently the 28th best prospect in the whole country, the 4th best out of Texas and the 5th best offensive tackles overall.

Knox stands 6'5" and weighs 300-pounds, fantastic measurables for an offensive tackle. The Buckeyes know one of their weak points has been on the offensive line, especially the tackle spot. Knox would be a perfect fit for Urban Meyer and Ed Warriner.

For a school that has produced some top lineman including Orlando Pace, Nick Mangold, LeCharles Bentley to name a few, should have no problem attracting some of the top talent in the country at the offensive line position.

Now with Meyer starting his recruiting trail early in 2014, Knox is one of the prospects that Ohio State has at the top of their list.

Join us after the jump to read the interview with Demetrius Knox.

Who is recruiting you from Ohio State? What's your take on them?
The offensive line coach (Ed Warriner) is recruiting me. I have called him up to talk with him a couple times and he's a really cool guy. I can't wait to see him coach at a practice or something.

Who do you currently hold offers from? Do you have any favorites?I have offers from Texas A&M, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma State, UCLA, Alabama, Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan  and an offer coming in February from University of Texas and Oklahoma.

I really don't have a favorite right now, I just want to sit back and see how everyone does this year.

Who's recruiting you the hardest?Everyone pretty much is coming at me the same. I talk to the coaches at least once a week.

What are your greatest strengths as an offensive lineman?
My greatest strengths are my quickness my flexibility and my persistence because I ever stop hitting you till the whistle blows.

What can you improve on the most?What I need to improve on the most is my bench. I only bench 280 and since I weigh 300 I want it to be there. My lower body is already set. I can squat parallel 600.

What's the biggest factor for you in making a decision?Really and truly I just want to find the best place for me and wherever that is, is where I will go.

How did your sophomore season go from a personal standpoint?Well at the end of my sophomore year I was excited about the way I played, I thought I did great. But then a couple months passed by after the season and now I see I didn't do that well.

I've gotten so much better than what my highlights says out me. I've been working everyday to get better and it's going to show at the end of August.

What are some of your goals next season?My goals next season are to win a state championship and make the person playing in front of me walk over to their sideline and quit. If I can't do both of those then I haven't done my job well enough.

What do you think of Ohio State and Urban Meyer?I was born and raised in Ohio so I'm a die hard Ohio State fan and I really don't know to much about Coach Meyer yet, but this year will tell me all I need to know about him.

What interests you the most about Ohio State?Like I said I was raised in Ohio so I love everything about Ohio State.

Are you planning on making a visit to Ohio State at any point?Yes, I hope to get down there before the summer is over.

Anything else you'd like to let Buckeye Nation know?I just want people to know I am not the tackle you see on my highlight tape. I'm way better now and I can't wait to show people.
blog comments powered by Disqus