Word on the street(where I have all sorts of cred) is that Nebraska has been officially invited to join the Big Ten. If this is true, congratulations are in order to Jim Delaney for actually doing something besides talking about doing stuff and not actually doing it. I for one am excited. Especially since this guy is gone.Adding Nebraska would add yet another storied football program to the Big Ten, giving it three of the winningest programs in NCAA history. Academics, logistics and stadium size all fit in with the Big Ten's current makeup.
There are only two bad things that come of this: 1. More of those awful "house divided" flags(looking at you Mali) and 2. Another Uniform that looks like OSU and Wisconsin. Why don't we all just wear red?!?!
The next question is who's next? All Nebraska wants to know is "who's coming with me?!?!". Some say Mizzou is the next logical choice. Other's say Notre Dame(I know, first time I've heard that too.) Will there be a Big 16 in the midwest's future? If there are horse shoes, are there horse socks? Exciting times are ahead, and all of these questions will be answered in short order.