Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fall Depth Chart Officially Released

The speculation is over, as the 2010 fall depth chart has been released for our beloved. For the most part there aren't many surprises. A couple things to note:
  • Brand Insane is listed as the starting running back. I know it says "OR" but he's rightfully been given the nod, as I predicted. (hey, I'm not right very often, just let me have this one.)
  • Andrew Sweat beast out Sabino for the open "sam" spot. Kind of curious how this played out. We read a lot about Sabino playing well in practice and camp and Sweat "challenging him for the spot" or "pushing him" which lead me to believe that Sabino, not Sweat, was the front runner. Obviously I trust the coaching staff's decision, but I wonder what it was that separated them...
  • C.J. Barnett is your starting Strong Safety. Most of us would have guess it would have been Orhian Johnson.
  • Tyler Moeller is out first string STAR, taking over for Hines who will now be starting at free safety. Good to see Tyler back to where we thought he'd be a year ago before that dreadful incident in Florida. Nothing good happens in Florida...
  • Taurian Washington appears to be our 3rd WR behind Posey and Sanzenbacher. hopefully T-Wash puts carries all the successes he's had in spring ball and camp in to the regular season for a change. We're pulling for him. He's put in his time, stuck it out and now it's up to him to make it happen.
Obviously this is just the first of many depth charts we'll see throughout the season, but it's still exciting to know who's going to be lining up where on opening day in SEVEN DAYS!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus