Saturday, August 14, 2010

High Rankings...My Thoughts and Worries


This was the last play I remembered that night...

I posted the preseason top 25 rankings a few days ago and as you all know our beloved Silver Bullets sit at #2 sandwiched between 2 SEC schools. As I looked at the rankings and read other blogs and random articles this week, I only have one question. Are we ranked to high to start the season? Hold off your torches and pitchforks for just moment.... It just feels as if the hype around this team feels eerily similar to 2006. I just hope for the sake of this season (and my sanity since I live in the South) that this team takes all the hype for what it is...hype.

As stated in previous posts, the downfall of the '06 team was their willingness to believe the "un-beatable" hype that surrounded them for pretty much the entire year. Luckily we aren't viewed as unbeatable (at least not yet) and I hope that this team will play the entire season with a chip on their shoulder (similar to the 3.80 quarters of the '08 Fiesta Bowl and the '10 Rose Bowl) and send a message all season long.
blog comments powered by Disqus