Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sitting Down With 2014 5-Star Linebacker Raekwon McMillan

McMillan has top schools showing interest
With the 2013 class already rolling in big time commits and still about 8 months left to go until National Signing Day, Urban Meyer has been busy. Not only is Meyer dealing with the '13 class, but he already has his eyes set on the 2014 class.

This recruiting class has already received a lot of anticipation in what many hope is one of Urban Meyer's best classes, ever.

One of the top recruits in the country for 2014 is 5-star linebacker Raekwon McMillan. McMillan stands 6'3", weighs 233-pounds and runs the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds. Raekwon is the #2 linebacker in the country and #1 prospect in the state of Georgia, according to 247Sports Top 247

In his sophomore year, McMillan recorded 84 total tackles and 16 tackles for loss. 

After earning an offer from Ohio State, we spoke with McMillan about his thoughts on Ohio State and the recruiting process thus far. Join us after the jump for the interview.

Who is recruiting you from Ohio State? What's your take on them?

Coach Pantoni is recruiting me, as well as Coach Withers. They are some of the best recruiters I've met so far. 

Who do you currently hold offers from?
Right now I have offers from Georgia, Ohio State, Miami, Auburn, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Florida State, Florida, Texas, NC State, Clemson, North Carolina and Georgia Tech.

Who's recruiting you the hardest right now? 
Georgia and Ohio State have been recruiting me the hardest.

What would you say are some of your greatest strengths?
My strengths in football are my abilities to read the guards and play down hill.

What can you improve on the most?
I mean, there's no point of my game that can't be improved, so I can improve on everything.

What's the biggest factor for you in making a decision?
The biggest factor that's going to dictate my decision is my relationship with my coaches, on and off the field.

How did your sophomore season go from a personal standpoint?
My sophomore season was awesome from a personal stand point. I was named an All-American and recently got invited to both the Under Armour and U.S. Army All-American games.

What are some of your goals next season?
My goal next season is to lead my teamates to the playoffs and work my way into the top 10 on everybody's "Top 100" list of 2014 recruits.

What are some of your goals next season?
Ohio State is awesome and Coach Urban Meyer reflects it really well, they will definitely be in the mix when I make my college decision.

Are you planning on making anymore visits to Ohio State?
I've already visited OSU once, but I plan on making another trip there in July and I also want to attend the Ohio State-Michigan game.

Anything else you'd like to tell Buckeye Nation?
I'd like Buckeye Nation to know that they are well in the running for me in 2014.
blog comments powered by Disqus