Friday, June 15, 2012

Sitting Down With 2014 Offensive Lineman Jamarco Jones

More offers are sure to be on their way
As of right now, 2014 offensive lineman Jamarco Jones is not ranked by 247. It's no concern for us though, as Jones has the size (6'5", 290-pounds) and power for a solid blocker. Ohio State obviously realized this and reached out to Jones at the Ohio State camp on Sunday to give him an offer.

It's now only a matter of time until Jones will be ranked. On top of being an excellent athlete, Jones maintains a 4.8 GPA at his high school. Yes, you read that correctly, a 4.8.

With Jones attending more and more camps (MSU tomorrow, Notre Dame on 6/22 and Wisconsin on 6/25) he is sure to garner the attention of the coaches that will be in attendance.

Read the interview after the jump.



How was the camp that you attended in Columbus?
The camp was great. There were a lot of top players out there and a lot competition going on.

Who do you currently have offers from?
I currently have offers from Ohio State, Illinois, Vanderbilt and Toledo.

Who's recruiting you the hardest? Do you have a favorite? 
Ohio State, Illinois, Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Vanderbilt. I don't have an favorites yet.

What would you say are some of your greatest strengths?
My greatest strengths are my athletic ability, long arms and footwork. I can improve on using my arm length more and hand placement.

What's the biggest factor for you in making a decision?The factors on making my decision is academics, athletic program and a school that I just feel comfortable at.

How did your sophomore season go from a personal standpoint?It went pretty well I believe from a personal stand point but this is a team sport so how the team does is most important.

What are some of your goals next season?
The goals for my team and I are to win our conference and also a state championship.

What do you think of Ohio State and Urban Meyer?I think he is a great coach and a proven winner. He brings a lot of energy to the game from what I saw at the camp.

Anything else you'd like to let Buckeye Nation know?Im looking forward to coming down to a game this year and seeing how they are.

Be sure follow Jamarco on Twitter @jjones_73 for the latest on his recruitment.
blog comments powered by Disqus